This image can be used commercially
St Oswald Church Gates, Ashbourne
About this image
A church has stood on this site since Saxon times, and the crypt found during excavations in 1913 dates to the Norman Period. The wrought iron gates, at the east exit to the church yard, were installed in c 1730 by Bakewell. The gate piers are capped by obelisks supported by four skulls.