This image cannot be used commercially
Bruckshaw's Cafe, 12 Norfolk Street, Glossop, 2005
29 March 2005
12 Norfolk Street
About this image
As occupied by Bowden's Cafe in c 1910s-20s (see DCCW000033) and for a number of years (as of 2010) an Italian restaurant/cafe called 'Va Bene' and taken from the 'BOOTS to BACON' exhibition and booklet, published in 2005 by Glossop Heritage Centre.
The title describes the wares that shopkeepers sold in 1904.
The inspiration for this grant funded project came from a booklet published in 1904, 'Glossop û a sketch' by R. Hamnett and J. Jenkinson, Glossop publishers.
Over a period of a century, many buildings have been altered drastically û new roofs, chimneys removed, even demolished but the shopkeepers of Glossop have remained.
In this visual project we have tried to give visitors a 'then & now' picture of Glossop traders. Not all were included due to lack of space.
The photographs and text on display have been copied and laminated for users of Glossop Library.
Copies of most photographs are available for personal or study use.
The complete booklet 'Glossop û a sketch' including all original historical text and photographs is available on CD from Glossop Heritage Centre.