This image cannot be used commercially
River Soar at the White House, Kegworth, 1989
23 September 1989
About this image
Looking north-west on the River Soar at the White House pub, about a mile south of Kegworth. The pub is the mock half-timbered building in the right distance; subsequent to this photo being taken it was renamed The Otter. An earlier hostelry on the same site had been called the Navigation Inn. Among the boats moored in this view, the only two that can be identified are former Fellows, Morton and Clayton No 288 'Badger' (left) and a large motor cruiser called 'Enchantress' (right of centre). 'Badger' was completed in 1923 by W J Yarwood and Sons of Northwich, Cheshire as a motorised narrowboat of composite construction and was originally named 'Josher'. It remained with FMC until Nationalisation of the canals in 1947 and then passed to the British Waterways Board who sold it to private owners in the mid-1970s. It now features on the National Register of Historic Vessels (No 2749) and in 2013 was based at Furness Vale on the Peak Forest Canal.