This image can be used commercially
Branch 4, Long Eaton Co-Operative Society, Blind Lane, Breaston, c 1905
About this image
A Co-Operative store opened in the village in 1873 but fell on difficult times. Early in 1895 negotiations were entered into with Long Eaton with a view to amalgamation. It was a sound decision. The weekly trade, which had fallen to £12 before the amalgamation was more than doubled in the first week after the change.