This image can be used commercially
Snitterton Hall, Off Snitterton Road, Snitterton, c 1960s?
Off Snitterton Road
About this image
View of Snitterton Hall in the summer from fields. Also see image DCCS000333.
Snitterton Hall dates to the Elizabethan period and has a symmetrical front with gabled and crenellations. The garden wall in the foreground has an arched opening and square pavilions or summer houses at either end. The remains of a moat behind the Manor House suggest that the building began life as a Medieval manor house, owned by the Snittertons and then their successors, the Sacheverall's. In 1596 the hall was sold and, after several owners, was bought by John Milward. It is thought that he built much of the hall as we see it today.