This image can be used commercially
Crispin Inn, Church Street, Ashover, 1960s
About this image
Mr Wood's bicycle is parked outside.
The sign board appeared on the pub around 1924-25 following the publication of CE Lugard's Saints and Sinners of Ashover. Possibly named after St Crispin - Patron Saint of shoe, Saddle and Harness, the building was once occupied by a cobblers shop. The Inn was thought to have been licensed in 1416.