This image can be used commercially
'Dunn' the Pit Pony, Poolsbrook
About this image
Ireland Colliery was owned by the Staveley Coal and Iron Company. It was opened in 1875 and linked to the nearby Hartington Colliery underground. As a part of the Ireland complex the collieries were able to produce more coal for the company than had been possible since its formation, the colliery ceased production in 1930 but was use as an egress for Ireland colliery.