This image cannot be used commercially
St John the Baptist Church, Staveley
About this image
The earliest parts of the Parish Church date to the 13th century (tower and lancet window), but is has been renovated in subsequent centuries. The north aisle was added in 1865-9 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Showing the 'Miner's Lamp' hanging on a bracket on the wall in the north aisle. The font in the foreground is Norman in date. The Frecheville Chapel on the north side of the chancel holds the tombs of Christian Frecheville who died in childbed in 1653 and John, Lord Frecheville, who died in 1682. The church also holds memorials to Peter Frecheville (d. 1480) and Piers Frecheville (d. 1503).