This image cannot be used commercially
Aerial view over the Midland Railway Station from St Mary's Church spire.
Courtesy of the Derbyshire Times
Slater, W A
About this image
This was part of the former London, Midland and Scottish Line which opened in 1841 as part of the North Midland Railway linking Derby and Leeds. This particular station was built in 1870 and was the second station to be built for the line. The architect was Neill, who worked for the Clay Cross Company. The station was rebuilt in the 1960s and again in 2001. The Station Hotel is on the left.