About this image
The flooding was caused by heavy rain. There was never a station called Carr Vale - its correct name was simply 'Bolsover', despite the fact that Bolsover was served by another station (on the ex-Midland Railway Doe Lea Valley line) which was also just called 'Bolsover'. No distinction was made between the two until after Nationalization in 1948 with the Carr Vale 'Bolsover' becoming 'Bolsover South' from 25 September 1950. This, however, was shortlived as the station (and the line itself) closed completely just over a year later on 3 December 1951.