This image can be used commercially
Barman behind new bar at the Palace Hotel, Palace Road, Buxton, c 1960
Meddins, J D
About this image
The Palace Hotel was built in c 1868 by H. Currey, who also constructed the Natural and Thermal Baths and the Pump Room. It served the many visitors to Buxton Spa, and is situated near to the railway station for their convenience. The hotel closed in c 1970, but was re-opened and later renovated in 1996.