This image can be used commercially
(Malvern House) Buxton Hydropathic Hotel, c 1890
About this image
Originally called Malvern House, it became Buxton Hydropathic Ltd, and later the Spa Hotel. It was demolished in 1973.
On the Frith's web site they have a similar photo which their archivist confirms was taken in 1896, showing the bridge connecting the hotel with the manager's house next door (formerly 2 Penzance Villas, now Malvern House) plus some decoration that was added to the top floor of the Spa Hotel in the 1890s. This photo was taken prior to the bridge being built, probably between 1888 and 1892, but certainly prior to 1896. (Information very kindly supplied by Philip Barton).