This image can be used commercially
Cavendish Golf Club, Buxton
The Board Collection
Board, J R
About this image
A long shot of the clubhouse at the Cavendish Golf Club in Buxton. The golf course was commissioned in 1923 by the Duke of Devonshire, and was built by Sir Alister McKenzie (the most highly respected golf course architect of his day - who also built the Augusta National in USA). The new 18 hole golf course replaced a 9 hole course opened for ladies in 1899 in Buxton, which was then demolished to make way for the Duke's new housing developments. The Cavendish Golf Course is still very popular and the layout has purposefully been left unchanged since it opened in 1925.