This image can be used commercially
Demolition of East Mill chimney
Derbyshire Library Service
About this image
This is a close up view of the chimney dismantled to below roof level. East Mill was built by Jedediah Strutt in 1912. The massive red brick, 7 storey East Mill dominated the town. It closed as a mill in the late 20th century and now houses a number of small industrial units, but still remains largely empty.