This image can be used commercially
Demolition of East Mill chimney, Bridgefoot, Belper, 1990
Derbyshire Library Service
About this image
This is a view of the chimney showing the brick chute, taken at the start of the demolition process. East Mill was built by Jedediah Strutt in 1912. The massive red brick, 7 storey East Mill dominated the town. It closed as a mill in the late 20th century and now houses a number of small industrial units, but still remains largely empty.