This image can be used commercially
Demolition of East Mill chimney
Derbyshire Library Service
About this image
This view was taken at the start of the demolition process. East Mill was built by Jedediah Strutt in 1912. The massive red brick, 7 storey East Mill dominated the town. It closed as a mill in the late 20th century and now houses a number of small industrial units, but still remains largely empty.