This image can be used commercially
Carving in St Alkmund's Church, Makeney Road, Duffield, c 1960s
About this image
A carving of a head in a beam above the chancel arch. The name, W Jackson, 1621, is carved above this. He was probably the carpenter in charge of roof repairs. Parish accounts show an assessment was made for £57, 16s, 8d (£5767) for the repair of the roof in 1861. On the beam above the tower arch are the names, John Blidworth and Robert Lees, who were Churchwarders in 1861.