This image cannot be used commercially
Demolition of the Crown and White Hart Inn, Market Place, Heanor, c 1913
About this image
The Crown Inn was partially demolished to allow the building of the tram track. The occupants continued to live in the remaining half until the new Crown was built. Thes site is now The Coservative Club and S E Derbyshire college of Further Education. The wall on the left is St Lawrence's Church boundary wall, and The Victorian building in the distance is now The Heanor Antiques Centre.