This image cannot be used commercially
Visit by the King and Queen, Market Street, Heanor, 1914
About this image
Building on left now Market Hotel, used to be called The King of Prussia. St Lawrence Church, built in 1866-8 by Stevens and Robinson is also known as Heanor Church. Building next to the church is now a shop called 'Rowells', a sort of haberdashery shop. Rowell's closed in 2007 after being in business on that site since 1916.