The Lamberts were owners of the large factory on nearby Talbot Street. Lambert's Factory was originally established by Richard Lambert in 1784 on the site of a former flour mill in Lowdham. It was when the business was later taken over by Lambert's three sons that it diversified into fancy hosiery and lace, with a new factory being established in Nottingham.
William Lambert lived in 1901 at The Firs and died at Redcourt in 1905, both houses now in the University of Nottingham. He resided formerly at Mapperley Hall and prior to that at Clarendon Street.
Additional information by Liz Farmer