Nottingham City Council
c 1900's ?
Waverley Mount - Arboretum Street
About this image
The High School, a stately edifice of stone, opened in 1868. The architect was T Simpson, assisted by T C Hine and Robert Evans, 1866-67. The High School (or, as it was formerly called, the Free Grammar School) was founded in 1513 by Dame Agnes Mellors, who partly endowed it. D H Lawrence was a pupil at this school 1898-1901